Monday, December 14, 2009

sore loser

Today I am so sore and a loser!! Sore because I worked out with my friend Corey (the trainer) twice this week, and a loser because I lost 1.5 lbs this week!! Yay! Off to a pretty good start. I have been surprised at how well I have been doing with getting up at 5:30 to work out. The food is another story. It is a struggle everyday. Being home all day is awful for a diet. All I want to do is munch and munch, but I have been resisting. Freddy made cake balls this weekend and I only had 3, which is a big deal for me! This week I was looking through a Jillian Micheals book that I bought a year and a half ago, when I thought I was fat and needed to lose weight. What was I thinking? In the front there is a space to write your "before" measurements. Let me just tell you I read those and thought I was an idiot for ever thinking I was fat!! Back then I had a 26" waist, 34" bust, 38" hips and was a size 2/4. Today, after my angel Ansley, I have a 31" waist, 42" bust, and 42" hips and I am not going to tell you what size I am. I can't believe I thought I was big then!! Boy will I appreciate my body more from now on!!

On another note, I am going to preface this with the statement: I love my baby girl more than anything and would not trade a thing in the world for her!! With that being said, I am going to gripe a little. After going through pregnancy your body changes so much and it is a little hard to accept sometimes. Right after I had her I got all these bumps all over my thighs and forearms, and nothing seems to be helping the ones on my legs! It looks awful! Also, these past few weeks my hair has been falling out in clumps! Yikes! Talk about something that will put a little scare in ya. Finally, my feet have gotten bigger! I talked to my dr. this week and he said if they haven't gone back down by now they probably will stay this big. Ok, let me tell you that my feet were big to start with, I wore a size 10.5 and now I wear a size 11! Man, if I have any more kids I am going to have to special order my shoes. With all that griping out of the way, let me emphasize that I love my baby and would do it again in a heart beat, and also that I am so blessed to have a healthy body. But, sometimes a girl has to vent a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment